Boating On The Chesapeake Bay
Marylands capitol is full of historical architecture, museums, and sits along a beautiful shore line.
- City Dock is at the heart of historic downtown Annapolis. City docks highly known for the waterpark and summer bands that come to play at the small amphitheater.
- Eastport In Annapolis is a neighborhood of Annapolis, Maryland. Annexed to the city in 1951, it has its own particularly unique history. Like other Annapolis restaurants, Eastport restaurants offer a wide variety of cuisine and ambiance choices.
Herring Bay, MD:
- Herrington Harbour South Marina is a luxurious Marina Resort which is complete with all the amenities of a fine exotic getaway. They have 600 protected boat slips with direct access to the Bay and exceptional facilities that cater to every boater's needs. South is also a favorite choice for weddings, catered events, beachfront lodging and relaxing days on the Chesapeake. Go experience for yourself the perfect balance between boats, nature and people.
- Herrington Harbour North is a combination of a multitude of exceptional yacht services with an eco-resort atmosphere which has become a trademark of the North Marina making it a great place to spend time on your boat with friends, family and nature. Here you will find 600 protected boat slips surrounded by a beautiful countryside atmosphere. They also host the most comprehensive repair and maintenance facilities on the East Coast.
- Cambridge is widely known for Punting tours, and it's the perfect way to experience Cambridge's fascinating history and architecture while gliding through the College backs.
- Choptank River Lighthouse is a 6 pile lighthouse that is a hotspot for locals and visitors to take a tour through, located on the waterfront of Cambridge.
- Somers Cove Marina is described as the gem of Chesapeake Bay and known as the Seafood Capitol of the world. It is also one of the largest Marinas on the East Coast with of 450 slips.
- Janes Island State Park is a 3,100 acre park that is abundant with wetlands, nature trails and beaches.
Chesapeake City, MD:
- Chesapeake City is a historical town filled with Victorian charm. Located along the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal, it is perfect for a day trip on your boat. You can easily dock at the town dock, which is located on the west side of the Back Creek Basin.
North Beach, MD:
- North Beach has been called “The Jewel of the Chesapeake Bay” so you know it must be a gem of a place to visit! This town is located on the western shore at the northern tip of Calvert County. Bring your boat to Herrington Harbour South for transient dockage and take a cab to the beach.
- Downtown Hampton Waterfront has direct access to the Chesapeake Bay with plenty of activities such as the Virginia Air and Space Museum, a restored antique carousel, and during the winter months, and outdoor ice skating rink.
- Fort Monroe is located at the prettiest part of the bay with spectacular views of the old Port Comfort Lighthouse.
- Spooky Old Town Alexandria is the place to be for Halloween, and what could be more fun than listening to spooky ghost stories? The Alexandria’s Ghost and Graveyard Tour is a 33-year-old event that will spook you out in no time as you’re guided by lantern through the beautiful streets of Old Town at night.
- Yorktown is one of Virginia’s many charms is that it is a state rich with historical towns. As a boater, you can add to the charm by spending a day exploring a harborside town such as Yorktown.